As part of the Insects to Feed the World 2022 conference, we invite participants to take part in a photography competition. You can submit your work in one or two categories:
- Edible insects – one of these precious critters (alive, transformed, in food, etc.)
- Actors in edible insects – the photograph demonstrate activities directly related to the research, the production, the transformation, or the consumption of edible insects; show us the hidden face of your work!
Submitted photographs will be printed and exposed during the Insects to Feed the World 2022 conference*; participants of the event will be invited to vote for their favorite photograph from each category during the conference (on site). The winner will be announced at the closing ceremony on June 16 and receive a prize of 100 CA$.
A selection of submitted work made by the local committee will be exposed during the Eating Insects North activity at the Grand Marché of Québec, from June 16th to June 18th 2022.
*If the number of submissions for each category exceeds 20 photographs, the Committee reserves the right to do a pre-selection of the work for the competition to be exposed during the conference.
How to participate:
To submit your work, complete the form at https://forms.gle/q4FBvk3vvVT9KCSQ9
Each submission must include your name, the numeric photo (minimum resolution of 300 ppi), its title and the category in which you are submitting, as well as a copy of your registration email for the conference. Please use your name for the picture file name followed with the category:
- Deadline for submission is the 3rd of June 2022 at 11h59 PM (Canada Eastern Time, UTC-05:00).
- Each photograph must have an English title (maximum of 50 characters without space).
- Participants can submit a maximum of two photographs for each category. Photograph may be black and white or in color. Only minor correction to the picture using edition applications are accepted; major modifications like adding an element to the image are forbidden.
- Photograph must be in JPG format and have a minimum resolution of 300 ppi.
- All imagery must be the exclusive work of the submitting photographer and may not include any element that is the copyright of another. The Copyright for each image entered will remain with the submitting photographer. The participant attests having received the consent of people appearing on the photograph and discharge the organisation of Insects to Feed the World 2022 of any proceedings that could be brought following the publication of the photos submitted to the competition.
- By entering the Insects to Feed the World 2022 Photography competition and submitting your photograph(s), you hereby grant the organization the free non-exclusive license to use your photograph(s) for exposition and promotion of the conference and associated activities including (but not limited to), promoting the conference and Eating Insects North within printed and online media, display at both events, promotional materials, and social media networks.
- For your submission to be accepted in the competition, you must be a registered participant of the Insects to Feed the World 2022 conference at the time of submission.
- In case the winner is not present at the ceremony to receive his prize, you will be contacted to forward the prize value. Any submission received pass the deadline or that doesn’t follow the rules of the competition will be rejected.
Conferences are a great opportunity to meet other international experts and create connections. It’s a chance to forge relations that could lead to collaborations, help you find a place to pursuit your academic career, or simply learn of other interesting projects.
The Speed Networking activity was put in place to facilitate the sometime difficult process of meeting other participants and spark constructive discussions. It is a structured event where participants are paired to interact with each other for a few minutes before switching to converse with someone else.
Date: Monday June 13th
Place: Hall 2000, Centre des congrès de Québec
To participate in this activity, fill the following form: https://forms.gle/GPTJXEgFvZRVgcRY9
Pub evening & Quiz
The student committee invites you to take a break from the big conferences to gather and socialize at Murphy’s Pub! Drinks and food will be available at your own expense.
Date: June 15 at 19h30
Place: 1095 Rue Saint-Jean, Québec, QC G1R 4H2
The student committee will animate a quiz along the evening, with a prize for the winner. You are welcome to submit quiz questions propositions at: https://forms.gle/Fkm5kbqfVJ1hrJPE7
Questions about the activities?
Join us at firstname.lastname@example.org